Late Breaking TRAIN News
See "Vintage_Trains" on Twitter
You do not need to join Twitter to view this
The Draw took place on Monday 28th October at Tyseley Loco Works. The winners have all been notified.
1st Prize – D. Mariani of Oxford
2nd Prize – B. Tomlinson of Walsall
3rd Prize(s) – S.J. Roe of Burton-on-Trent, C. Revans of Solihull and Ms Hammond of Burton-on-Trent
4th Prize(s) – A. Janaway of Coventry, K. Kendal of Milton Keynes, R. Hagues of Rugby and I. Dunn of Dudley
VINTAGE TRAINS ON THE WEB
To follow Vintage Trains and receive updates on
TWITTER or FACEBOOK - click on a link...
Train & Open Day News
• 12/11/13 - Tyseley Open Days Sat/Sun 5/6 July 2014
• 09/11/13 - Additional tour(s) - Chiltern Champion 9 Feb 2014
Tyseley NewsPRESS RELEASE - 5 Nov 2013
(issued by The Bahamas Locomotive Society)
The Bahamas Locomotive Society is pleased to announce that the contract for 45596 “Bahamas” to be overhauled at Tyseley Locomotive Works was signed on Thursday 31 October. It is anticipated that the ‘Jubilee’ 4-6-0, the overhaul for which has attracted Heritage Lottery Fund support, will reach TLW by the end of November.
• 08/12/13 - Photographs of the Elge Explorer
• 07/12/13 - Photographs of the Melton Mowbray Christmas Fayre
• 11/11/13 - Photographs of the Cumbrian Jubilee
• 21/10/13 - Vintage Trains Christmas Cards & 2014 Calendar
• 21/10/13 - Photographs of Cotswold Explorer
• 01/10/13 - Further Photograph Scarborough Flyer
7029 Clun Castle Appeal
Please help return 'Clun' to the mainline (by charity giving). The prospect of 2 double-chimneyed Tyseley Castles is very exciting. See 7029 Appeal page >>
The following items will raise funds for the 7029 Clun Castle Appeal (available NOW from Vintage Trains) :
• 19/09/12 - "Building A Castle" DVD
• 19/09/12 - "5043 - The Return Of A Legend" book
• 22/09/10 - A plea for all photographers to act responsibly and respect the property and livelihood of the railway's neighbours.