Late Breaking TRAIN News
See "Vintage_Trains" on Twitter
You do not need to join Twitter to view this
Railtour of the Year award for 2013
Vintage Trains wins Steam Railway/ Mike Notley 2013 Railtour of the Year award for Welsh Marches tour.Why not travel on the 2014 repeat of this tour?
VINTAGE TRAINS ON THE WEB
To follow Vintage Trains and receive updates on
TWITTER or FACEBOOK - click on a link...
Train & Open Day News
• 19/02/14 - Devonian - no Cheltenham pu/sd
• 12/11/13 - Tyseley Open Days Sat/Sun 5/6 July 2014
PRESS RELEASE - 5 Nov 2013
(issued by The Bahamas Locomotive Society)
The Bahamas Locomotive Society is pleased to announce that the contract for 45596 “Bahamas” to be overhauled at Tyseley Locomotive Works was signed on Thursday 31 October. It is anticipated that the ‘Jubilee’ 4-6-0, the overhaul for which has attracted Heritage Lottery Fund support, will reach TLW by the end of November.
• 21/04/14 - Further photograph of Berks Hans & Aquae Sulis
• 07/04/14 - First photographs of The Italian Job
• 06/04/14 - First photographs of Canterbury Explorer
• 24/03/14 - Further photographs of Cumbrian Ranger
• 12/02/14 - Further photographs of Chiltern Champion
• 03/02/14 - First photograph of Curry Train
• 08/01/14 - Further photographs of Cotswold Explorer
Mike Notley Award Wins
• 10/01/14 - Vintage Trains wins Railtour of the Year award for 2013 to add to previous awards.
7029 Clun Castle Appeal
Please help return 'Clun' to the mainline (by charity giving). The prospect of 2 double-chimneyed Tyseley Castles is very exciting. See 7029 Appeal page >>
The following items will raise funds for the 7029 Clun Castle Appeal (available NOW from Vintage Trains) :
• 19/09/12 - "Building A Castle" DVD
• 19/09/12 - "5043 - The Return Of A Legend" book
• 22/09/10 - A plea for all photographers to act responsibly and respect the property and livelihood of the railway's neighbours.