Late Breaking TRAIN News
See "Vintage_Trains" on Twitter
You do not need to join Twitter to view this
Railtour of the Year award for 2013
Vintage Trains wins Steam Railway/ Mike Notley 2013 Railtour of the Year award for Welsh Marches tour.Why not travel on the 2014 repeat of this tour?
VINTAGE TRAINS ON THE WEB
To follow Vintage Trains and receive updates on
TWITTER or FACEBOOK - click on a link...
Train & Open Day News
• 09/10/14 - Tyseley Open Day Attractions update
• 25 /07/14 - New Tour Programme (Jul 2014 - Apr 2015) now online
PRESS RELEASE - 5 Nov 2013
(issued by The Bahamas Locomotive Society)
The Bahamas Locomotive Society is pleased to announce that the contract for 45596 “Bahamas” to be overhauled at Tyseley Locomotive Works was signed on Thursday 31 October. It is anticipated that the ‘Jubilee’ 4-6-0, the overhaul for which has attracted Heritage Lottery Fund support, will reach TLW by the end of November.
• 09/10/14 - Cotswold Explorer
• 07/10/14 - Welsh Marches
• 04/10/14 - Seaside Flyer
• 10/09/14 - Shakespeare Express 2014 season
• 10/09/14 - Scarborough Flyer
• 03/07/14 - Midlander
• 20/06/14 - Whistling Ghost II
• 20/06/14 - Berks Hants & Aquae Sulis
• 20/06/14 - 1Z48
• 19/05/14 - Positioning train & Western Lickeys The Banks
• 07/05/14 - Devonian
• 05/05/14 - Italian Job
• 06/04/14 - Canterbury Explorer
Mike Notley Award Wins
• 10/01/14 - Vintage Trains wins Railtour of the Year award for 2013 to add to previous awards.
7029 Clun Castle Appeal
Please help return 'Clun' to the mainline (by charity giving). The prospect of 2 double-chimneyed Tyseley Castles is very exciting. See 7029 Appeal page >>
The following items will raise funds for the 7029 Clun Castle Appeal (available NOW from Vintage Trains) :
• 19/09/12 - "Building A Castle" DVD
• 19/09/12 - "5043 - The Return Of A Legend" book
• 22/09/10 - A plea for all photographers to act responsibly and respect the property and livelihood of the railway's neighbours.